Don Bosco Poipet or Don Bosco Children Home, is a center of the DBFC located in the border district of Poipet, Banteay Meanchey Province. The town is just at the border with Thailand (Aranyaprathet City) and at the site of the luxury casinos. The center is made by four programs: the children hostel, the literacy school, the food program and the technical school.
There is also a branch of the Don Bosco Children Fund.
The center is in a place very sensitive to the reality of
human traffic, child workers, street children and children
and women abuse. Most of the child boarders are
children who were rescued by authorities from Thailand
and repatriated into Cambodia.
Donors and Benefactors
The Center has many benefactors along its history. Some of them:
- Children Home- Sawadi Foundation Netherlands, Kinder mission.
- Literacy Center- Grijpskerke Gemeente Netherlands.
- Automechanic workshop- Jaris Wissem Germany.
- Electricity workshop- Scholenproject Cambodja Rotterdam.
- Computer/sewing workshop- Scholenproject Cambodja.
- Dining hall and kitchen- Scholenproject Cambodja Rotterdam.
- Water purification unit- German Embassy, Phnom Penh.
- Staff house- Sawadi Foundation Netherlands.
- Sport fields- Scholenproject Cambodja Rotterdam, Missieprocuur Holland
Welcome to Don Bosco Poipet
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.